If you plan on heading to Napa Valley anytime soon, you NEED to add the Napa Valley Wine Trolley tour to your itinerary. You will not be disappointed! I’m so dang excited to share about our time on the Napa Valley Wine Trolley because it seriously was the highlight of our weekend getaway. With a reasonable price point, a lot of exploring, and even more wine tasting, it’s a serious 10/10. Keep on reading below to check out the details & some epic pictures from the four wineries that we toured.
The tour started off with us being picked up at our hotel, Andaz Napa (which I recently recapped our stay that you can check out here!), at 9:40 AM. Our hotel was on one of the stops the trolley makes before the main pick up location at 10:00 AM. *If you aren’t staying at one of the pick up hotels, then the Oxbow Market is the normal pick up spot at 10:00 AM! Leaf was prompt and made us feel right at home and excited for the day immediately.
Before taking off, we snapped a handful of pictures in front of the trolley, because..duh why would we not!? We had a packed trolley which turned out to be SO much fun. Lots of new friends were made-especially after a few glasses of wine! Haha. Part of the Napa Valley Wine Trolley is enclosed with windows to keep some warmth in. The front and back has open seating without any enclosures. Scoring a seat inside the enclosed area was a big win because it was pretty chilly that morning!
One of my favorite parts about the Napa Valley Wine Trolley is that I never felt rushed at any of the wineries. When we did the the tastings, we always had spare time at the end. We were able to explore a little bit, take pictures if we wanted to, check out gift shops, walk the grounds, etc. I truly felt like the time management of the entire day from stop to stop was perfect.
Some details to know about the Napa Valley Wine Trolley before you head out:
- The trolley ticket is $99 that includes stopping at 4 wineries
- Catered lunched is included-we sat outside on the patio of Whitehall Lane Winery, it was beautiful!
- Your tasting fees at each winery are not included-each one ranges from $20-$25 per person
- At each winery we tasted between 4-5 wines, which was AMAZING!
- It’s an all day event from roughly 10:00 am-5:30 pm (Dinner is not included)
- Bring layers! We were lucky to sit inside of the trolley. However, others had spots outside of the enclosed area so they were bundled up. Also, some tasting rooms get chilly!
- Tipping of the driver/tour guide is not included, so make sure to account for that extra expense as well. Not that it’s mandatory, but Leaf did an incredible job of giving us great information, keeping us on time, making things fun, taking pictures for us, etc. He was great!
Our four stops of the day included: Pestoni Family Estate Winery, Whitehall Lane Winery, Cosentino Winery, and lastly, Andretti Winery. I decided I’m going to post about each of those stops separately because each experience was so different and special. Plus, there would be way too many pictures in this blog post to even handle! Haha. So stay tuned for a longer recap of each of the wineries to come!
Once we were dropped back off at our hotel, we stopped at another tasting room then grabbed dinner Downtown. We talked about our favorite moments and our personal favorite wines. Looking back, this will be a forever memory of ours and definitely one for the books.
Like I said before, if you are headed to Napa, (or Sonoma, this trolley is available there as well) then do yourselves a favor and book this tour! It takes the planning off your shoulders and allows you to kick back and enjoy the today full of wine tasting! How great and easy is that!? Sometimes it’s fun to plan things out yourself, but when the Napa Valley Wine Trolley nails everything on the head, why not let them take care of you for the day!?
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to subscribe so you can keep up with all of my latest content!
*Note: This post is sponsored by Napa Valley Wine Trolley. Although our tickets and wine tastings were complimentary, all of my thoughts above are my 100% own. Thank you for making this incredible day possible!